This morning – announced Adriano Favre, technical director of the Mezzalama Trophy – together with Luca Mercalli we studied the latest weather forecast models for the coming weekend. Unfortunately, the weather situation on the Monte Rosa massif for both Saturday and Sunday leaves us with no alternative but to postpone the Trophy to 1st May. With such a difficult technical course, raced for the most part at altitudes of over 4000 mt., we cannot let 300 teams set off if there is a risk of the meteorological conditions suddenly getting worse.  We have to think first and foremost of the safety of the athletes and race officials who will be working at high altitudes for the entire duration of the race.